UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Jun 2017, 2:06 pm   #1
sobell1980
Octode

Default HDMI port / socket connection repair.

Hi all.
Hoping someone can help me repair my friends sons XBOX. The cable has been caught and tripped over on damaging the HDMI socket. I've been asked to repair it but I think it is beyond my capabilities being a pcb with tiny components. I'm not trying to sell this on. It is a genuine help request for my friend before they have no other option but to bin it. If anyone can help with this would be truly grateful. Of course whatever the cost. Willing to courier for repair if needs be.
Many thanks.
Dave.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170627_145110.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	145214   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170627_145130.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	145215  
Old 4th Aug 2017, 10:20 pm   #2
christge
Tetrode

Default Re: HDMI port / socket connection repair.

Hi Dave,

I'm willing to try but can't guarantee anything. I have worked on SMA boards before, they are difficult. Hard to tell until I see the pcb. Depends on if cost of shipping is worth the chance. I live in Kings Lynn. I gather it's out of warranty? Any work would void the warranty.

Geoff
Closed Thread