UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 13th May 2017, 7:52 pm   #1
llama
Octode

Default 2x VHSs, Colchester en route London/Norwich

Firstly to clarify my cryptic heading, I have 2 VHS machines needing repair and I am prepared to deliver/collect anywhere along the route from the Clacton/Colchester area in either the direction of Norwich or in the direction of London (so it's the A12 or the A14/A140).

Both these machines are Nicam stereo, dual speed, HiFi audio.

1) Akai VS-A77EK. It has built-in audio power amps for driving rear speakers.
2) Matsui VP9605

After a couple of years non-use I tried a pre-recorded tape in them and neither would load. In the case of the Akai, the tape is still stuck in there.

I suppose the problems could be belts but equally gunged-up grease or low volts from dried out capacitors. Clearly not something I'm very familiar with - my basic electronics and mechanics knowledge could see me wasting days on these when there are experts who've made a living at such things and might be able to go straight to the fault. Anyway I'm happy to pay the going rate so please can anyone service these for me?
Graham
Old 4th Aug 2017, 10:31 pm   #2
christge
Tetrode

Default Re: 2x VHSs, Colchester en route London/Norwich

Quite often the idler tyres need replacing. They dry out a little and slip. You can sometimes tell if you can run it with the covers off.

I'm in Kings Lynn, about an hour from Norwich on the A47. Let me know if that's convenient and you'd like me to take a look.

Geoff
Old 5th Aug 2017, 10:39 pm   #3
llama
Octode

Default Re: 2x VHSs, Colchester en route London/Norwich

Thanks for the response, Geoff. I should've left a note here to say that an engineer in Fordham near Colchester PMed me to offer repair. The Matsui is fixed but the Akai needs a complete loading mechanism due to stripped cogs. He may be able to get one from his local contact but supplies of such things are drying up.
Mods: probably best to close this thread, thanks.
Graham