UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jul 2022, 4:08 pm   #41
Gridiron
Heptode

Default Re: BVWS Royal Wootton Bassett 3rd July 2022

Also thanks to Neil (Newlite 4) and Mike (Cobaltblue) for transporting the "not very heavy !" Pye radiogram from the hall to my car. The "Everyday Science and Radio News" magazines I bought from Neil at the end of the auction have some interesting articles although some are not very "politically correct" in the modern world.
Mike.
Old 9th Jul 2022, 6:10 pm   #42
Catkins
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvepower View Post
Hello,
Seeing Glastonbury isn’t too far away from RWB and also Bristol, maybe the Glastonbury festival was a super spreader event, which sent ‘viral’ waves out across the area?
I came down with Covid after going to the Glastonbury festival, and I know a lot of other people did too.

Sadly I had to miss the RWB auction because I was isolating at the time.
Old 12th Jul 2022, 7:36 am   #43
greenstar
Octode

I very much enjoyed the event. Two of us shared a car. I brought a couple of large/heavy items for the auction, and was very surprised and happy to drive straight into the car park, which I could hardly believe just before opening. I nearly drove past. Numbers have been down for the last couple of auctions, possibly still from anxiety around Covid, which looked to be very justified (we got away without coming down), and the economic situation. I didn't get as much as I hoped selling, but made up for it with bargains in the auction, and the stalls seemed exceptionally good. Thanks to everyone.
Closed Thread