UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Nov 2015, 8:29 pm   #21
karesz*
Heptode

Default Re: Telequipment D43 issues.

Hallo Andy,
did you calculated please with the parallel input of -ie 10Mohm- your Multimeter?
In that case it needs better an 1,1MOhm_ Here is a DIY EHT/HV-probe & another, RF-compensated, script...
Karl

Last edited by karesz*; 1st Nov 2015 at 8:38 pm.
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 8:05 am   #22
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

This is where it gets tricky for a relative novice like me, I know others struggle with the maths, especially when we havn't done any "serious" maths since school and don't use maths on a daily basis. I know that in comparison calculating resistors in parallel isn't a particularly advanced equation, but I struggled calculating this.

In the end I've got a sort of answer. With my meter having an input Z of 10meg or 10,000,000 ohms and the resistor - R1 I'm measuring across is 1 meg or 1,000,000 ohms, the actual resistance will be 0.990990991 meg or 990990991 ohms. Therefore with a voltage of 1000v across R1 the reading will be 1009.090909 volts, so a voltage reading 9v higher than actual.

I've read the articles you linked as well as others inc Keiths talk at Goldbourne and AFAIK I should be using a 1.1 meg resistor instead of a 1 meg as my measuring resistor, which is what you recommended Karl. Thanks for pointing that out.

Andy.
Old 3rd Nov 2015, 11:29 am   #23
karesz*
Heptode

Andy, you`r welcome,
If your HV resistors are all nominal 1% (or selected-measured as better), you can check it in a (good)knowed DC voltage-divider(ie paarwise), and you wish to have exacter dividing, put an additional serial ~91Kohm into the 10Mohm-line please - than you have exacter 100:1 ratio...
Karl
Closed Thread