UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Aug 2017, 4:11 pm   #1
TheWale
Retired Dormant Member

Default B215 Selena AFC issue

Good afternoon all,

I have recently acquired a Vega B215 Selena, having heard many interesting stories about them. I have to say I'm delighted at mine however besides the inevitable cosmetic issues, it does appear to have a faulty AFC system. I should point out I have at this stage cleaned the turret and have undertaken no other work on the set.
Put simply, the AFC appears not to work at all. Stations are no easier to pull in whether the AFC button is depressed or not. In addition to this, the set's S meter reads almost all the way over on the green side. I have checked the AFC push-button switch and it functions exactly as it should.
I have a truly rotten digital copy of the schematic which I'm struggling to read, let alone understand.
Could anybody provide advice on what the issue may be and what the next steps are?
Also does anybody have a set of knobs for one of these? I'm willing to pay a good price.

Many thanks,

Liam
Old 16th Aug 2017, 5:33 pm   #2
ukcol
Rest in Peace

Default Re: B215 Selena AFC issue

Hi Liam and welcome,

There is a 2 page schematic of good quality on the RM site

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/minsk_r...15b21b_21.html

Non-members can download schematics with restrictions.
Old 16th Aug 2017, 5:47 pm   #3
TheWale
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: B215 Selena AFC issue

Hi ukcol,

Many thanks, this copy is much clearer.

Liam
Closed Thread