UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Feb 2014, 5:47 pm   #1
Albertstan
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony SL8000UB Video Recorder

I have the above tank/model which has developed a faulty 'eject mechanism'. The tape carrier which pops up will just not close. If I try to close the carrier there is nothing preventing it from popping straight back up.
We have had this recorder since new and I'm pretty sure it was in working order before developing this fault.
Is there anyone out there who could give me a clue? I've had a look inside and there is nothing obvious (to me).
Many thanks
Graham
Old 26th Feb 2014, 6:29 pm   #2
bobbyball
Octode

Default Re: Sony SL8000UB Video Recorder

The only thing I can think of is that the loading ring drive mechansim may be slipping and not "parking" the ring properly since it ejects when the tape is unloaded. It relies on rubber tyres to drive it and these may need sevicing along with the other mechanics if the machine hasn't had any attention in a few years!
Old 19th Sep 2015, 2:34 am   #3
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Sony SL8000UB Video Recorder

I had the very same issue with my Sanyo VTC 9350. This machine is based on the SL-8000. You must open the bottom cover of the machine and look for a loose metal bar that connects with another one.
Closed Thread