UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Sep 2015, 5:35 pm   #21
Top Cap
Octode

Default Re: GEC Dual Standard Colour

Aquadag connection? Could be the PL509 Barkenhausen. The later ones had a conductive ring on the glass but with early ones we placed a grounded single turn of tinned copper wire around the glass and adjusted for minimum striations. Lol what days!
Old 15th Sep 2015, 7:03 pm   #22
Niechcial,Steve
Hexode

I have tried a couple of PL509s (both with rings). I'm going to order myself some ferrite beads and give that a go. Thanks for all the help.
Steve
Old 16th Sep 2015, 9:57 am   #23
Peter.N.
Dekatron

This is a watery line down one side? I'm sure i found a cure for it but sadly still can't remember what it was.

Used to live not to far from you in Petts Wood.

Peter
Old 17th Sep 2015, 4:40 pm   #24
gec2110
Retired Dormant Member

If it is not the obvious 1.5K resistor across the line lin coil, I think it has something to do with the screening can and the top caps of the PL/PY.

A stray earth point? Just a thought.
Old 18th Sep 2015, 10:22 pm   #25
Niechcial,Steve
Hexode

I've tried all the suggestions now, plus some ferrite beads and extra damping on the scan coils and lin coil- all to no avail. Given the service manuals comments on this issue I've come to the conclusion that most likely production tolerances on the LOPT in particular produces this fault on a number of sets.
Thanks for all the help.
Steve
P.S. Peter N.- Can we try hypnosis to get the secret out of you? (only joking!)
Closed Thread