UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Dec 2023, 5:05 pm   #21
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Electric Desoldering Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldStott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post
Please stick very carefully to just discussing the suitability of the tools for desoldering. In particular, avoid commenting on the seller, listing or platform. This is running very close to the edge of the rules on ebay, and they do apply to other sources.

David
Apologies David as I did notice that this Thread was drifting towards the Forum Rules.

This is why in my Post I stated 'I’m not asking for specific recommendations just general advice on what to look for e.g. wattage, nozzle size, suitable for both through-holes and SMD pads.'

Hope that clarifies matters?
Just to be clear the first post to break eBay rules was Post #10 which was you own post. Edited with link removed.

Had another member posted a link to an eBay item (not yourself) that would have been within the rules.

in particular Rule C3: You may not post links or references to items just because they interest you, though you may respond to a "Sets/Parts Wanted" or "Information Wanted" post by mentioning an eBay item or posting a link to it.

You cant respond to your own want post with a link to an eBay item but others can post an eBay link in response to your want.

I hope that's clarified matters it seems to be an area of which many users fall foul.
Cheers

Mike T
Blimey, that’s confusing even for someone like me who’s been here forever. Logically it’s makes sense though
Closed Thread