UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Apr 2013, 9:23 pm   #1
andrewn
Pentode

Default Maplin U2400 MK2 NiCd charger

Did anyone build the Maplin U2400 MK2 NiCd charger kit about 15 years ago? I built it but it never worked very well so has spent most of its life unused in the cupboard. It is very tempermental and will go into error mode most times. It is particulary prone to this if the battery is not in perfect condition. Sometimes it will even do it when plugging in another appliance nearby. It flashes the LEDs alternatively which is supposed to mean overtemperature but of course the temperature is fine.
Just wondering if others had the same problem and if I should modify any component values or would I be better off building a modern circuit into the case? Regards Andrew.
Closed Thread