UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jan 2013, 8:33 pm   #1
unclereggie
Retired Dormant Member

Default Pantry transmitters

Just thought I'd put a little post in here about Sainsbury's who were selling FM transmitters over Christmas but now are in the 'reduced shelves'. I thought it might be of interest. Originally selling for £19 they are now on offer for £1.99! I had to get one and it works great - the full length of my house and a huge range of frequences. This is the model: FM transmitter Spent the evening so far listening to old episodes of Round The Horne.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 8:42 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Pantry transmitters

I saw those and was v. tempted at that price, but then I remembered that someone had stolen my iPod and I don't think they're any use without one (unless you're clever enough to "hack" it).

N.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 8:51 pm   #3
mark pirate
Dekatron

I have a couple of similar units, but mine have a jack plug to connect to a walkman, they work quite well, but the range is not that good.

Mark
Old 28th Jan 2013, 8:52 pm   #4
unclereggie
Retired Dormant Member

I did wonder about a hack. After all, the input contacts are just power and audio.
Old 28th Jan 2013, 8:53 pm   #5
unclereggie
Retired Dormant Member

I just thought that if Sainsburys are clearing out, maybe a quick phone call might locate one if somebody was looking for such a thing.
Closed Thread