UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jun 2019, 9:08 am   #21
Kentode
Octode

Default Re: NOT Steampunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinTheAmpMan1 View Post
Could you let us know who made these things, was it the silent key him/herself, or someone else?
I am also interested to know if there is something in the design on the "resistor" box - I'm convinced that they weren't glued on randomly and I thought I could see a hint of Africa, or maybe South America, about the design.
Very nice and creative, though.
Colin.
The box was made by a friend who is very skilled in the arts and crafts of jewellery and makes earrings, brooches and necklaces etc.

She started with the brown resistors, ran out and carried on with the blue ones to finish it, but I agree with your vision of Africa!

At the risk of hijacking my own thread, I'd also like to see the see through radio as long as it isn't Steampunk!

BVWS member
Old 1st Jun 2019, 12:39 pm   #22
Refugee
Dekatron

A few years ago when the internet was young I had a pile of "demo" CDs doing nothing.
A light shade had got a bit tatty.
I set too and repaired the light shade with CDs. The shiny side reflected the light nicely and the print looked good on the outside in the daytime.
It was left in place when we moved house.
I will make another one if I find a suitable shade frame and have a place to fit it.
Old 1st Jun 2019, 11:21 pm   #23
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Just read your post regarding the see through radio SM. I will try to get a few photos on here, which to be honest I have meant to do for a long time but never got round to. I have quite a few oddities in the workshop, including the perspex one, which may be of interest.
Alan.
Closed Thread