UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Feb 2021, 7:22 pm   #1
dualloop
Pentode

Default Ferguson Flamenco 395 G

Hi,

I've just acquired this record player which I took apart to check for dust and 2 wires, brown and black have become detached from the front panel.
It looks like they are going to a transformer under the turntable but as there are 2 connections on the front panel, does it matter which way they go?
Also, I've noticed some scorch marks on the front panel, pictured, so I was wondering if it is worth repairing?
It only cost me £10 but it does power on and play a record.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_181659.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	226820   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210215_181858.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	226821  
Old 15th Feb 2021, 9:27 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Ferguson Flamenco 395 G

These Brown and Black wires are those that power the motor (it's not a Transformer) under the BSR UA8 Autochanger. It does not matter which way round they are connected. Forgive me, I'm not sure what experience you have, but do be very careful as this player has a "live" chssis. Given the burn marks, it may be because of the heat generated by the "Surge" resistor. Do you know how to take voltage readings?
Old 26th Feb 2021, 11:55 am   #3
dualloop
Pentode

Default Re: Ferguson Flamenco 395 G

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.
I'm not very versed in these so I won't be able to take readings.
i'm sending it off to a repair person as when I attempted to replace the valves, one of the clips broke due to it being rusty so I thought best not to fiddle further.
Closed Thread