UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jun 2007, 9:05 am   #1
telstar
Octode

Default K.B MR10 variation

Hi. I have a K.B MR10 radio, but this has a variation in circuitry using an ECF82 valve, and not what is shown on Trader 1233 or the K.B manual. I have both those service data, but I have misplaced my copy of the K.B manual that has the ECF82 circuit modification. Can anyone help, please ?
Regards
Mike
Old 25th Jun 2007, 4:11 pm   #2
yestertech
Nonode

Default KB MR10 deviant !

I'm a little puzzled by the layout of a newly acquired KB MR10. The valve line up is not as per trader sheet but uses an ECF82 instead of the 6BE6 - That makes this MR10 have a lot in common with the chassis layout of the LR10FM, which was a rather different set in a wooden cabinet. Another case of KB running short of parts ?
It's not a straight chassis swap tho' as the LR has a valve rectifier and this has solid state ! Confused ? me too...
Anyone else got one of these 'variants' or original KB service information thx . Andy
Old 25th Jun 2007, 4:28 pm   #3
Robert Darwent
Heptode

Default Re: KB MR10 deviant !

Hi Andy

This thread; https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=18082 by Telstar was also asking for the same service information.

Quote:
the K.B manual that has the ECF82 circuit modification
As you can see his thread mentions something about the KB manual having the information you need.

Robert G0UHF
www.wavesintheair.co.uk
Old 25th Jun 2007, 5:06 pm   #4
Darren-UK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: KB MR10 deviant !

This doesn't surprise me at all. I don't know about it being purely another case of KB running short of parts, but they were famous for altering specs in the middle of production runs.

We've had threads in the past on this very subject, mainly concerning the FB10 'Toaster', including this one ..... https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...highlight=FB10
Old 27th Jun 2007, 8:38 pm   #5
telstar
Octode

Default Re: K.B MR10 variation

Hi Everyone. Good news - I have managed to find a service sheet modification to the KB MR10 radio. It utilises 12AT7, 6U8 (ECF82 equiv), 6BJ6, EABC80, EL84, & Metal Rectifier. If I can be of help to anyone with one of these modified radios, please let me know ?
Best regards
Mike
Closed Thread