UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 24th Oct 2023, 9:24 am   #61
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Decca Stereo Radiogram SRG 650. Some contrarian thoughts

There is very little difference in the frequency plots for the BSR SC11M, SC12H, SC5M and SC7M. Also their sizes are virtually the same and all have the same fitting. As to the output of the BSR TC8S, I seem to remember it being high at c.400mV- but I am happy to be corrected on this.
Old 24th Oct 2023, 11:03 am   #62
OldTechFan96
Octode

What I would do here is buy a new cartridge and a suitable clip from eBay.

Set the VTF to 4g-5g and call it a day.
OldTechFan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2023, 3:40 pm   #63
David Man
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiba tony View Post
I thought earlier on somebody commented it wasn't a mains isolated chassis, take care!
Thanks, but don't worry, the chassis and the deck are in separate buildings at the moment. I won't be touching anything live, and the chassis won't be connected to anything until it has been thoroughly checked out by someone more skilled than me.
David Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2023, 6:28 pm   #64
David Man
Triode

One or two of you will remember this project from a few months ago... Decca SRG650. Well, it is finally finished. Chassis has a new lease of life and the problem of a live chassis now sorted (isolation transformer fitted, chassis nice and safely earthed). Also decided on an upgrade SP25 Mk3 turntable with phono stage and Goldring G800 magnetic cartridge tracking at 1.8grams. Turntable slots in nicely with minimal adjustment to cutout for original Monarch, so they are now interchangeable with minor work. Original deck has also been serviced and is working perfectly so will be packed away to keep with the stereogram should it be needed again. A phono switch allows for connection of bluetooth or streamer/CD player. Cabinet French Polished but deliberately kept witness to 60 years of life (cigarette burns included!) Sounds and looks wonderful. Had to make a new rear connections panel due to crumbled and rotten connectors, but kept all functionality. Some won't like it but I'm happy. Spent much more than it's worth, but now preserved for another half century!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3496.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	290009  
David Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2023, 7:05 pm   #65
PaulR
Dekatron

That looks excellent and I bet it sounds good too. A very good rescue and restoration