UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2019, 12:42 pm   #1
Renegade
Retired Dormant Member

Default Ultra Model 6336 Help

Hi there,

I am looking to connect a digital device to the radiogram I've received.

I did some research and I've found out that a 5 pin DIN connector can be connected for this but I'm still a bit confused as to how I would go about this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tape connector.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	193719  
Old 15th Nov 2019, 1:44 pm   #2
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Ultra Model 6336 Help

Hi, if you search in the box above there is a 2010 thread confirming that there will be stereo inputs and outputs [within the DIN Socket] suitable for a CD or MP3 player, in which case a phono to din adapter will be needed [giving you two analogue phono inputs to plug into]. It should be straightforward, depending on the audio level.

If you mean a device with a Digital/optical output Signal-that's another matter.

Let us know what you are hoping to hook up. Others will probably have much more specific advice to offer.

Dave W
Old 15th Nov 2019, 2:02 pm   #3
Station X

Any chance of a link Dave?

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 15th Nov 2019, 4:01 pm   #4
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

Hi Graham. I still haven't mastered the basic skills but I put in ultra 6336 and found that a thread by flashfodder [7/10/2010] "Inherited Ultra Model 6336 Stereo Radiogram" contains a similar question buried in the content. The confirmation about feeding in an external source was made by Paul [Sherwin].
There's only two threads and the other one was about a replacement mains transformer.

Dave
Old 15th Nov 2019, 4:06 pm   #5
Station X

This thread then:-

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=51500

To post a link all you need to do is highlight the text in your browser's address bar, copy it by pressing Control C and paste it into your reply by pressing Control V. The forum software will do the rest for you.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 15th Nov 2019, 11:07 pm   #6
ben
Dekatron

You would need to make or buy a cable with a 5 pin din plug one end, and 4x RCA phonos at the other. you would then connect the headphone output (of your phone or mp3 or whatever) and play it through the 'gram using two of the four connectors.
Old 17th Nov 2019, 11:39 am   #7
cooperman
Pentode

Be careful when buying a DIN to phono conversion lead. A lot of the ones for sale on line are wired to the MIDI pin out - which is not the same as the audio pin out used in record players and amplifiers from the 60s and 70s.
Closed Thread