UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Nov 2020, 11:15 pm   #1
georgesgiralt
Hexode

Default Need A/C millivolt meter.

Hello,
I want to repair my old preamp/amp and I need a millivoltmeter for this. I own an old tube beast a CRC MV124. Alas it is not working any more and I won't debug it (due to lack of time, documentation, etc...).
So I need an adapter allowing me to measure between 1mV full scale to, say 50V full scale and display, either, on a Metrix 462C multi meter, or on a Russian galvanometer or on a Chinese multimeter. Bandwidth between 20 Hz to 20kHz will be plenty enough.
I thought I had a schematics somewhere using op amps but can't find it.
So do you, by any chance, have something for me ?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help and advice !
Old 28th Nov 2020, 8:43 am   #2
Electronpusher0
Nonode

Default Re: Need A/C millivolt meter.

Look out for a Levell TM3 ac mV meter, they pop up regularly on ebay and the price is usually reasonable.

Peter
Old 30th Nov 2020, 9:58 am   #3
pbengtech
Pentode

Default Re: Need A/C millivolt meter.

Hi,
If you google “ precision audio Millivolt meter circuit “ you should be able to find a circuit suitable for you.
The one I found was on diy-electronic - projects.com
Hope this helps..
Phil b
Closed Thread