UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Jan 2013, 4:34 pm   #1
i4yfc.fabri
Retired Dormant Member

Default TK23 user manual needed

Hello,
I'm a Italian radio amateur called I4YFC.

Some days ago I bought an old reel to reel Grundig TK23 in good condition. Now I need the user manual because I do not understand the function of the RED button located on right and signed with "T" and "A".

1st question:
Someone could send me the user manual in English or German ?
2nd question:
The volume control is only automatic or also manual ?

Thanks and 73's

Fabrizio I4YFC
Old 20th Jan 2013, 6:22 pm   #2
AndiiT
Octode

Default Re: TK23 user manual needed

Hi,
I think that 'T' is for 'trick' (i.e. superimpose) and that 'A' is for Amplifier to enable the machine to be used as a "straight through" amplifier.

The red button is the record select button and is used in conjunction with the Play (start) button.

As far as I am aware this model only has a manual record position, the volume control being used to set the recording level, that having been said the 'A' on the record button may stand for automatic recording level and not amplifier as I previously suggested.

Regards

Andrew
Old 20th Jan 2013, 10:03 pm   #3
Breton56
Triode

Hi Fabrizio.The red button is the record (registrare) selector-"A" is aufnehmen in German (record-registrare) so "T" is play.This is from memory from many years ago so I hope it's correct.Ciao.
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 12:39 pm   #4
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Fabrio,
I think you have the 23L , slightly different to the 23.
However the switch you mentioned is as follows, "T " is as mentioned for superimpose & has to be held down while doing so.
"A" is for automatic recording & the position in the middle of "T" & "A" is for normal manual recording

Colin.
Old 27th Jan 2013, 6:52 pm   #5
medge799
Tetrode

Hi Fabrizio,

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4yfc.fabri View Post
Hello,
... I need the user manual because I do not understand the function of the RED button located on right and signed with "T" and "A".

1st question:
Someone could send me the user manual in English or German ?...
Fabrizio I4YFC
Not the user manual, but if you need the service sheets (circuit diagram, adjustments etc) then you can find it on the Vintage Radio Service Data DVD-ROM mentioned in the top-right corner of this web page. You can download a single product if you only need information on this recorder.

Hope this helps,
Mark
Closed Thread