UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Apr 2023, 11:43 pm   #1
MikeEmery
Diode

Default Scintilla sc lesto drill

Hi
I've just joined and need some info from those of you who know about vintage drills please.
I have just acquired a scintilla sc lesto one speed drill/hammer drill
I have looked on the internet and can't find anything about this particular drill.
It is in good working order with plenty of life left in the brushes.
I would be very grateful if anyone can give me any information on it and/or point me in the right direction.
I have seen a similar 2 speed drill but not this one
Many thanks
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230423_161512.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	277272  
Old 24th Apr 2023, 11:35 am   #2
Silicon
Nonode

Default Re: Scintilla sc lesto drill

It may have been manufactured by Scintilla, but it may have been marketed as a Bosch drill.
Old 29th Apr 2023, 11:18 am   #3
marceljack
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon View Post
It may have been manufactured by Scintilla, but it may have been marketed as a Bosch drill.
Yes, I remember in the 70 Bosch drills were produced by Scintilla SA (a swiss company).
But the drill of the photograph seems older and the scintilla sign is engraved on its body, which was not the case of Bosch drills.
Old 29th Apr 2023, 11:45 am   #4
Goldie99
Heptode

Try a google search for "scintilla bohrmaschine", and then eventually select the 'images' results.

As already mentioned Scintilla was a Swiss company (now part of Bosch), in the German speaking part of Switz., so searching in German gives a lot more results.
Closed Thread