UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2021, 2:04 pm   #1
Grumpysprout
Diode

Default Bush DAC AC11 tuning.

I have AC11 which has been refurbished and is currently working but it needs tuning (I don't mean the tuner on the front) can I ask is there away of doing this manually ?
Old 15th May 2021, 2:18 pm   #2
Mr 1936
Heptode

Default Re: Bush DAC AC11 tuneing

Hi Grumpysprout.

I assume you mean that your AC11 needs an RF and/or IF re-alignment.

If a set has drifted off slightly over the years (many don't), then there are ways to bring it back "by ear" rather than using a signal generator. If there is a more serious problem, such as a component failure or the set has already been "got at" by someone who didn't know what they were doing, then it is more difficult. This is especially the case for IF alignment.

Perhaps you could tell us what makes you think a re-alignment is necessary ? Bear in mind that sets like these were designed to use an outdoor aerial maybe 30 feet long or more, so 6 feet of wire indoors won't be enough for weaker stations.
Old 15th May 2021, 6:17 pm   #3
Grumpysprout
Diode

Default Re: Bush DAC AC11 tuneing

Thanks for reply the radio has been messed with. I feel it needs a good aerial which I shall look into how to build/buy and connect and see if that helps pick up more stations.

After that look into tuning if needed.

Thanks
Closed Thread