UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th May 2021, 8:05 am   #1
Paul9208012
Diode

Default Panasonic NV-MS1B Schematic or ohotos needed,

Hi all.

I stupidly paid a lot of money for a used Pansonic NV-MS1B S-VHS Video camera, without testing the condition first (seller said it was working, so took his word for it) These cameras obviously hadn't been used in a long time, and had probably been sitting in the basement somewhere for years.

When I put in a tape, it would rewind, and fastfoward, and be noisy, but the tape wouldn't play, it would simply stop, and there would also be lines on the picture when looked through the viewfinder when in camera mode.

I stupidly dismantled the camera, thinking I would remember where all the cables go, and now I'm sitting with a bunch of PCBs, and cabling, and a drive assembly lying on a table, and too scared to reassemble as I worry about connecting the cables in the wrong place, and breaking something.

My intention was also to clean beneath the capstan, however one of the screws holding it's thread has been stripped away completely, and in part of the cleanup, I would like to clean the what's underneath the capstan.

If anyone can assist, or direct me to another site which can I would be forever greatful

Thanks in Advance.
Old 8th May 2021, 3:09 pm   #2
John123
Heptode

Default Re: Panasonic NV-MS1B Schematic or ohotos needed,

A service manual for the NV-MS1 can be found here. Hope that helps!
Closed Thread