UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Jun 2019, 10:40 pm   #1
RadioRescueMan
Diode

Smile Hacker RP75

Hi, I have just joined this Forum and first of all would like to say what a great site and thanks for letting me join!

I have been a radio collector for many years and have just purchased my first Hacker Sovereign, having wanted one for several years (I already have a Hunter). Mine is a Super Sovereign RP75, purchased in a rather dirty state. It runs but needs checking over. I suspect it will need at least some of the capacitors replaced.

I have been unable to identify when it was made and would be grateful for any advice - It has a sticker on underside of turntable with the number 02638. It has FM going up to 101 KHz.

I suspect I"ll need to adjust RP1 & RP2 on the audio amp - I have been unable to find a PDF of the Service Manual for the RP75, but I believe the amp is the same as RP72, which I do have some service Info on.

Apologies, if I have asked for any info already located somewhere on this site! - in case I have missed something.
Old 25th Jun 2019, 11:29 pm   #2
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Hacker RP75

Hi and welcome,

Your RP75 will date from 1972/3 - the model was introduced in '72 and replaced by the mains/battery RP75MB version in 1974 after 4500 or so had been made. You'll find the same serial number (assuming the turntable hasn't been swapped with another set) stamped into the underside of the tuning scale pan, visible when the back is open.

A search through forum posts here will turn up much discussion of all things Hacker, and you may also be interested in

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...adiogroup/info

where sales brochures and instruction leaflets for most models are available to download. The RP75 service manual is there too.

Paul
Closed Thread