UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Feb 2020, 8:45 pm   #1
samjmann
Heptode

Default Rotary switch cleaning

I'm sure we've all seen a thin grease that's applied to the inside of many rotary switches and encoders. Despite this they often oxidise in our climate and have to physically cleaned, not just sprayed. After cleaning, I've used Super 10 before closing the switch. But I'm unsure if this is OK in the longer term.

Many years ago when servicing Sony camcorders, they supplied a small pot of what looked like thin silicon grease. This did seem to work, in as much as we never got any re-work from this .

What's the general consensus today on switch clean/lubrication/
anti-oxidisation methods?

Regards, SJM.
Closed Thread