UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements

Notices

Equipment Transport Requests and Arrangements For discussions about the 'forum courier service' and other arrangements to get sets and parts from one forum member to another. For non-commercial transactions only.

Old 1st Apr 2024, 2:11 pm   #1
Valvepower
Octode

Default Mule of four items in Guy’s Items for disposal post.

Hello,

I’m interested in four amplifiers in Guy’s Items for disposal – collection only from North Worcestershire (15 mins off M42 J3) – donation to charity post.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=209865

Guy has been kind enough to offer to get them to the Strensham Services on the M5 southbound.

I’m near Southend in Essex and I’m not going to be over North Worcestershire or Strensham Services way anytime soon. I figure the next time I’m out those sort of way, or attending any meets etc., will be in three months’ time for the BVWS Wotton Bassett meet in July.

It’s not helped with having [what I’ve been told is a benign] lump being removed next week which will curtail driving for a couple of weeks or so.

Just seeing if something can be arranged FCS wise to mule them nearer or something else…

Regards
Terry
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2024, 5:53 pm   #2
mark_in_manc
Octode

Default Re: Mule of four items in Guy’s Items for disposal post.

This is a bit of a bizarre suggestion - but I know that in the past Guy has occasionally visited family here in the NW. And I have a father in Upminster who I visit (using the car) from time to time, else it's the train. So if all else fails I might be able to bring these to Upminster from Manchester in about 9 or 10 weeks time, which will be my next Essex trip, with car, with space, with time.

I hope something more useful than that comes together in the meantime!
cheers
Mark
Old 3rd Apr 2024, 10:11 am   #3
Valvepower
Octode

Default Re: Mule of four items in Guy’s Items for disposal post.

Hello,

Mark, thanks for the input and reply – its greatly appreciated.

As you quite rightly said it’s a bit of a bizarre suggestion, but it could be an option if the logistics can put in place and sorted. I’ve also been contacted by Nigel Vinylspinner and he could mule the stuff but It’ll be in a couple of months’ time end of June.

Anway as an update I could well be heading up to the Retrotec on the 12th May after all – I wasn’t looking to go – however it looks as if I might be going, and I could pick them up directly; however, it’ll cost me a two day break for the Wife in the Cotswolds the Monday and Tuesday directly after Retrotec

Terry
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote