UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Service Manuals, Circuit Diagrams and Data Sheets Wanted

Notices

Service Manuals, Circuit Diagrams and Data Sheets Wanted If you need help finding service data post a message here. Please do not request or offer data that is available from www.service-data.com

Old 21st Apr 2024, 8:46 pm   #1
Philips210
Nonode

Default Farnell PG5122 Service Information

Hi

I acquired one of these Farnell PG5122 Pulse Generators from forum member mark_in_manc last year and have just started to have a look at it.
It's a well layed out instrument with really good access for servicing.

Can anyone help with any service information including circuits for this unit please?

Attached are a few pics of my unit as received. Its top and bottom covers are missing but it shouldn't be difficult to make replacements although slotted ventilation holes are required in the top panel. Also noticed IC2 is missing.

Regards,
Symon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9755.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	296676   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9756.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	296677   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9759.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	296678   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9760.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	296679   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP9761.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	296680  

Philips210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2024, 6:22 pm   #2
woodchips
Octode

Default Re: Farnell PG5122 Service Information

I think I had a couple of the 5222 , twin channel, version, look very familier.

I did trace the circuit, but after looking it seems they and the two units have been scrapped. I wanted them to produce a sequential positive then negative pulse to interrogate a core store ferrite ring, but another to do that didn't. An HP 8505A pulse gen would do the same, but didn't manage to buy one.

I am sure then the missing chip is a 74120, NOT the TI version but someone else, it is a variable oscillator as far as I can remember. The chanxes of buying a spare now are zero.
woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote