UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Mar 2017, 5:17 pm   #1
EF80TVVALVE
Octode

Default Early Sony CV2100-CE

Hi everyone,

I bought this Sony CV2100-CE recorder after looking out for another for some time (I previously had the later ACE model). I think this is a very early unit, having a serial number of 1215 and a chassis number of 0172. Luckily it wasn't far and picked it up a couple of days ago. Being an earlier machine it doesn't take too well to tapes recorded from other machines so my 400ft reel of tape recorded from my previous ace machine was pretty useless, giving me an unstable picture and vision noise. Luckily the player came with its own tape and on playing this it works very well. I have tried recording with the machine and have started to face some problems. Firstly, when the video input is being displayed on the screen it has a fair amount of ghosting. The second problem being that it struggles to record anything onto tape, it will attempt to put video on there although it is very weak, drops out a lot and wont sync. The audio will also not record onto the tape and the recorder will not erase the audio track from the tape either.

The bigger problem is that I only have the manual for the ACE machine, although I doubt there is much difference between the two machines (hopefully)!

Can someone advise me where it would be best to start looking? I am going to try recording on the supplied tape too in case the tape I used previously was faulty or not compatible with the machine.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14885576648531407534125.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	138507   Click image for larger version

Name:	1488557687377-279621770.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	138508  
Old 4th Mar 2017, 9:15 am   #2
1955APREN
Hexode

Default Re: Early Sony CV2100-CE

Hi
Sorry I do not know this unit, but the fault will be in the erase oscillator stage, a transistor or small cap faulty.
Regards Derrick
Closed Thread