UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Mar 2019, 5:28 pm   #21
Michael Maurice

Default Re: Speaker problem with Ferguson 656RG Stereophonic Radiogram

Two output transformers are used in this circuit.

Service information is available here

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 31st Mar 2019, 5:57 pm   #22
Nuvistor
Dekatron

Thank you Michael,
I do have that on the DVD, just didn’t see it.
Old 31st Mar 2019, 9:40 pm   #23
Total_amateur
Retired Dormant Member

Well thanks to Michael the problem is solved!!!
I looked for a crude switch at the back of the Radiogram and found one either side screwed to the chassis. Initially I did not think they were anything more than old and worn terminal ends. However, as my eyesight is not brilliant I took pics of both of them...and discovered they appear to be external switches (as Michael suggested...) for the speakers...and when I played around a little with the switch on the right hand side, lo and behold sound came from that speaker!! The Balance control knob no longer crackles when turned from right to left, and the stereo sound seems very acceptable.
All I can say is many many thanks to all those who have offered help and assistance in solving this issue...and if nothing, I have learnt a little more about the Radiogram works. Thanks again everyone...
Closed Thread