UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jun 2017, 7:32 pm   #1
Ian Russell
Tetrode

Default Dansette line out.

Hi
Is it possible to put a line out in a Dansette Bermuda, Tempo, Major etc. to enable to be played through the line in of a micro system? Is direct from the cartridge sufficient?
I've read a couple of threads on the subject but it's still not clear to me.
Old 16th Jun 2017, 8:08 pm   #2
Grubhead
Heptode

Default Re: Dansette line out.

Only magnetic cartridges need an pre-amp, other types of cartridge should give a signal that would match that of a tape recorder.
Old 16th Jun 2017, 9:09 pm   #3
Records
Hexode

I maybe wrong but i seem to remember when i had an original Dansette Bermuda it had 2 RCA jacks on the back, i never bothered to find out if they where for tape input or line out.
Old 16th Jun 2017, 10:41 pm   #4
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

What type of Dansette do you have? If it is a Bermuda it already has a "Line out" (of sorts) marked Stereo. We need more information from you i.e. do you want a Mono or a Stereo line out?
Old 17th Jun 2017, 11:33 am   #5
david freeman
Hexode

The socket marked 'tape' on the back of your Bermuda will send a signal to the line input on your micro system. The sound from the Bermuda's speaker will be muted. It will be a mono signal, though.

Last edited by david freeman; 17th Jun 2017 at 11:35 am. Reason: More information
Old 17th Jun 2017, 12:26 pm   #6
AC/HL
Dekatron

To be clear, this is a factory fitted socket on certain models. Unless you know what you're doing you can't just add one to most Dansettes, or most other box record players for that matter.
Closed Thread