UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Nov 2019, 3:41 pm   #21
AndyWright
Tetrode

Default Re: Garrard AC20

I can now report back that I've managed to get the motor to run at the correct speed.

I moved the weights closer to the gearbox housing. As the only neon bulb I had wasn't bright enough to properly illuminated the strobe disc, I resorted to trial and error, and managed to get good results at the third attempt.

Can anyone recommend what type of gramophone needle I should be using? Do I need soft lone, loud tone etc?

Thanks

Andy
Old 1st Nov 2019, 3:48 pm   #22
Techman
Dekatron

You don't need a neon bulb, any ordinary mains bulb will do. It won't be quite as good to see, but will work perfectly well with a strobe disc, just so long as you don't use one of the new fangled low energy types of course.
Old 1st Nov 2019, 4:03 pm   #23
Techman
Dekatron

As for needles - soft tone I would have thought. There were some specially manufactured for 'electric' pickups at the time, but you won't be able to obtain them now.
Old 30th Mar 2023, 4:32 pm   #24
Station X

This is the only thread I could find relating to the Ekco TRG502 Radiogram.

Anyway I spotted one in the The Casa Gorordo Museum, Cebu, Philippines. I wonder how it came to be there? It doesn't appear to be an export set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230311_113720.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	276076   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230311_113952.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	276077   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230311_113846.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	276078  

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread