UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Oct 2019, 12:18 pm   #1
Radio Tech
Nonode

Default EAR Record Player

Good morning folks, sorry been a long time for not logging in but have been busy one way or the other.

I have acquired a E.A.R. record player from a charity shop, it has a push pull amp in and has a Colorado Conquest auto change deck in it, the player has the usual vol, treble and base controls which are on the right hand side at the front and the amp has two elliptical loudspeakers fitted. I have managed to free of the motor but I need the circuit diagram for the amp, as I am not sure whether the two ecl82 valves are of standard fit. the rectifier is a ez80.

Any help much appreciated

Ken
Old 27th Oct 2019, 1:19 pm   #2
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: EAR Record Player

Service data for quite a few E.A.R. models is available from the VRSD link 'up top', provided you know the model number if the player in question-the number &/or model name should be on it somewhere).
Old 27th Oct 2019, 1:25 pm   #3
electrogram
Heptode

It might be an EAR '1960'
Old 27th Oct 2019, 1:54 pm   #4
Audio1950
Dekatron

The model name is printed on the panel in the front, where the controls are, but it certainly sounds like a "1960".
Old 27th Oct 2019, 3:09 pm   #5
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

I can confirm that the EAR "1960" will have two 6" x 4" speakers at each side and a push-pull amplifier using 2 x ECL82 and an EZ80.The deck is a COLLARO "Conquest" and I would date your player at 1958. So look for the EAR "1960" service sheet.
Old 14th Nov 2019, 6:27 pm   #6
Radio Tech
Nonode

Hi folks

First many thanks for help on service info, I have so far got the amplifier back in working order, I managed to obtain the changer deck from Gaz in Leeds, only to find that both the deck I took out of the cabinet had a working pick up head but the wires had been soldered to it, the deck I obtained from Gaz I cleaned up and got everything freed up only to find the pick up head along with the styluses was very badly corroded so now I have a bit of a dilemma with obtaining a know good pick up head with the styluses.

Ken
Old 14th Nov 2019, 6:41 pm   #7
electrogram
Heptode

If it is a Collaro 'studio' head be aware that each pin is in fact a double male adaptor which fits into a socket on the pickup head
Old 15th Nov 2019, 2:13 pm   #8
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Why not swap the working pick cartridge into the new deck?
Use the whole length of the connecting wires (no need to unsolder them from the cartridge) threaded through the pick arm and connect them to tags on the underside. The cartridge will be a Collaro "Studio"O". You cannot buy these now. The cable will be screened type with 2 connecting wires (red and blue) within the screen.