UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Oct 2019, 7:43 pm   #1
andyrols
Diode

Default Sonotone 9TAHC cartridge in a Garrard 3500

I would welcome some advice please.
I have a Blaupunkt Arkansas radiogram with a Garrard 3500 deck, which has a Sonotone 9TA HC cartridge. The support under the stylus has perished so I believe that the cartridge needs replacing. There are a few HC cartridges on eBay but they have a screw fitting. Mine has a clip to the front and an insert to the rear.
Could the screw fitting be adapted or should I wait for a like for like? Or is there another solution.
Thank you for any help.
Andy
Old 24th Oct 2019, 12:16 pm   #2
andyrols
Diode

Default Re: Sonotone 9TAHC cartridge in a Garrard 3500

As recommended elsewhere on the site, the Stylus Lady had a new one for £38. Also rang me back promptly to answer my query. Highly recommended.
Closed Thread