UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing

Notices

Cabinet and Chassis Restoration and Refinishing For help with cabinet or chassis restoration (non-electrical), please leave a message here.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Sep 2018, 1:50 am   #1
Boulevardier
Octode

Default Beolit tuning scale scan - still looking

I am still looking (a bit forlornly) for a scan to "fix" the tuning scale on a Beolit 609 FM. Can anyone help?

Mike
Old 27th Sep 2018, 2:07 pm   #2
orbanp1
Heptode

Default Re: Tuning scale scan - still looking

Hi Mike,

This seems to be a nice example:
http://radio.gort.dk/page085.htm

If you follow the link to the collector on that page, he has an e-mail address at the bottom of his page.
You might be able to talk him into making a scan for you.

Alternately, if you have bits and pieces of your original scale, you could scan those and "fix it up" in a graphics editor program.

Good luck, Peter
Old 28th Sep 2018, 11:34 am   #3
valveaudio
Hexode

Hi Mike,
What is wrong with your original? Is it just faded or is it broken. Do you have all the bits? Photo would help.

Trevor
Old 28th Sep 2018, 8:37 pm   #4
Boulevardier
Octode

Here's a picture - shows the hopelessness of the situation...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beolit fascia.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	170000

It suffered from the "washing-without-thinking" illness, and the water did its job rather too well. Given the extreme unlikeliness of finding a replacement, my thinking was that I might be able to print a scan onto celluloid, etc, and fasten it behind the glass, or print onto grey card and fasten behind the pointer.

I love this old Beolit - been in the family since 1963/4 - fantastic battery life (unlike the comparable Hackers), and still very reasonable audio quality. Has it's share of AF11x's though, and quite a few have needed replacement.

Mike
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 10:05 am   #5
simpsons
Octode

Your Beolit model often pops up for sale on the European edition of eBay. eBay.de

The last one sold for 28 Euros for spares or repair.

You might be lucky, should you contact the seller, who has a number of items still for sale, to see who he sold it to. I guess it was to "one of us" who could scan the dial for you or even have a donar dial. Worth a try.

Chris

Last edited by simpsons; 2nd Oct 2018 at 10:06 am. Reason: fine tuning
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 3:31 pm   #6
Radio_Dave
Nonode

Default Re: Beolit tuning scale scan - still looking

I must have the scan somewhere for my 609fm. It's a different version to yours and the large amount of white needed is going to make it very hard to reproduce.

Anyhow, pictures of it are in this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=18560 pm your email address if you want the scan.

Regards
David
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 12:06 am   #7
Boulevardier
Octode

Default Re: Beolit tuning scale scan - still looking

Thanks for all the responses.

Dave, thanks for your offer, but mine is the FM, SW, MW and LW version of the dial, as mentioned and illustrated by Dynamo in the thread you linked (http://radio.gort.dk/page085.htm). I wonder if Dynamo still frequents the forum...?

My Beolit has had a busy and hard life in family service. It has also suffered slightly from heat at some stage (that plastic is very sensitive to even slight heat), and the cabinet shells are noticeably distorted, tho' they do still just about fit together.
Closed Thread