UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Sep 2020, 9:43 am   #1
Lord John
Diode

Default Unknown tonearm

I wonder if the vintage tonearm experts can help. I've got a Garrard 401 to service and the arm is also in need of some TLC. I don't recognise the model although it looks a bit Ortofon/Supex in design. I've trawled the net without finding the specific model. Does anyone recognise it? It's not particularly sophisticated so, not high end but the customer just wants it working again. Any information would be helpful, many thanks. John

2 photos attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6391.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	215907   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6392.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	215908  
Old 18th Sep 2020, 12:58 pm   #2
Beobloke
Heptode

Default Re: Unknown tonearm

If memory serves, it's a NEAT of some sort. The G-30 is similar but not quite the same.
Old 18th Sep 2020, 1:57 pm   #3
Lord John
Diode

Default Re: Unknown tonearm

Many thanks for the response. That is a new contender ! It`s similar to a lot of arms from that period but frustratingly, can`t pinpoint the exact make and model.
Closed Thread