UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps)

Notices

Sets, Parts and Service Information Offered (private sellers only, exact price required, no swaps) You may announce components or sets for sale or offered free here. Private collectors only - no traders. You must include an exact price. No swaps.

Old 21st Aug 2020, 5:14 pm   #1
mhennessy
Dekatron

Default Magazines - FOC, but collection needed

Hi all,

Is anyone interested in my old electronics magazines? Painful as it is, I've decided that I've got to get rid of them - they're just taking up too much space.

I can't post them. In fact, I'm really sorry, but I can't get involved with posting just the odd one or two - I'm as short of time as I am space! So they would need to be collected - ideally in as big a "lot" as possible (I'm very happy for these to be distributed in any way, so please feel free to pass them on to others).

Given that, I'd be surprised if anyone is able to take them, but I thought I should offer them here before recycling them.

I have the following:

Electronics and Wireless World - covering 1995 to 2005. There are some gaps, but also many duplicates.

Maplin Electronics - covering December 1982 to 1997. Again, some gaps, many duplicates.

Electronics Today International - covering December 1989 to January 1999. Large gaps in this set.

Everyday Practical Electronics - covering January 1996 to December 2007. Many more gaps with this collection.

I'd rather not go through and list each of them, including the gaps and duplicates, but if someone asks soon - before I've put them back in their boxes, which is happening this evening - then I'll consider it.

I'll give it a week or two before recycling them, but that is what will ultimately happen if there are no takers.

I'm keeping my Television magazines though! In fact, I know that I have many duplicates there, so when I eventually work up the energy to go through my collection, I will be offering those on here too.

All the best,

Mark
mhennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2020, 5:31 pm   #2
richard_in_edin
Diode

Default Re: Magazines - FOC, but collection needed

Mark: yes, I'd be interested in providing a good home for your copies of Everyday Practical Electronics.

I'll PM you ...

Richard
richard_in_edin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2020, 7:59 pm   #3
Electronpusher0
Octode

Can I please ask whoever takes this collection to please consider loaning any blueprints there may be with them for scanning and posting as per our on-going project
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=169177

Peter and Bob
Electronpusher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Aug 2020, 8:16 pm   #4
mhennessy
Dekatron

EPE are going to Richard.

I have just boxed them up, and he is arranging for a courier to pick them up from my home address. If this helps to tempt anyone, I can do this for a reasonable number of magazines, as they are mostly stored in those boxes that A4 paper comes in - the sort that take several reams - and it's no hassle to tape these up as required. But I imagine that could get expensive. Just to give you some idea, the 30-something editions of EPE resulted in a box that was 6" high and just under 6kg in weight.

Just before I pack them away, I'll tell you which ETIs are here - there's not too many of them...

1989: Dec
1992: April, May, June, July
1993: Dec
1994: Feb, April, May
1995: March, April, June, Dec
1996: Dec
1997: Vol 26, Issue 11
1998: Vol 27, Issues 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
1999: Vol 28, Issue 1

I think that's 24 in total.

Quite a lot of gaps - the others are much more contiguous.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 21st Aug 2020, 8:18 pm   #5
mhennessy
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronpusher0 View Post
Can I please ask whoever takes this collection to please consider loaning any blueprints there may be with them for scanning and posting as per our on-going project
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=169177

Peter and Bob
Looks like an interesting project - I wish you every success with it. If it puts your mind at rest, I haven't noticed any blueprints or similar with any of these magazines
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 8:05 am   #6
richard_in_edin
Diode

Mark: thanks again for allowing me to take the EPE magazines off your hands.

They will join my almost complete collection of RADIO CONSTRUCTOR. BTW, if anyone reading this knows where I can find any issues of Radio Constructor VOLUME 1, I would be pleased to hear from them (there could be a finder's fee!).

As discussed, I've made a donation to the RNLI.

Richard
richard_in_edin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2020, 4:32 pm   #7
mhennessy
Dekatron

Hi all,

Just a bit of a "bump". I've stopped noticing the pile of boxes in the hallway, but my family have just decided to make sure I know they're still there

These will have to go for recycling soon if no-one else wants to rescue them. It breaks my heart, but you can't keep everything.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 17th Sep 2020, 8:06 pm   #8
MALC SCOTT
Octode

I have about 150 Practical Wireless mags here. Tried giving them away but no one wants them. Like you i find it a shame to skip them.