UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old Yesterday, 10:58 am   #21
simpsons
Heptode

Default Re: VHS Machine Brands - Tops and Flops

I wonder RR if you have copies of Gordon J Kings reviews on Video Recorders?

I have a couple and also a copy of Video Choice's "Video." Introduced by Barry Fox and authored by Rod Snell, it follows Gordon's technical assessment of video recorders using photo's of the video sweep together with Test Card F to show the reader just how good and how bad the machines were. The JVC 3300 is pushing a response to 3.2 MHz!! A Mitsubishi just makes around 2 MHz.

Chris
simpsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 am   #22
Maarten
Nonode

Default Re: VHS Machine Brands - Tops and Flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben View Post
Early Sony used Panasonic G-decks and also the aforementioned Sanyo P90.
The G-decked machines were built entirely by Grundig, at least the ones I know of. This includes all of the the 220u 25V electrolytics leaking all over the power supply. A tradition they continued into the early I3R era (i.e. some Philips models suffer from this as well, such as VR632, VR833,VR948).

The Sanyo P90 machine was also built by Sanyo.
Maarten is online now   Reply With Quote