UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Old 17th Mar 2024, 11:33 am   #1
Paul the Slug

Default Roberts R800 - base securing

Hi all. I am unable to secure the wooden base on a recently acquired R800. I have the turning screw that goes through the base but it is clearly missing whatever latch was on the end to hold the wooden base to the radio. Does anyone have a picture of a complete securing screw so that I can try and design a 3d print for the missing part please? Many thanks, Sluggish Paul
Paul the Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2024, 11:02 pm   #2
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Roberts R800 - base securing

The attached image is the best I could find on the internet and is a grainy crop of a larger photo. Might help if nobody comes up with anything better.

Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R800 Fixing.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	182.9 KB
ID:	294929  
ajgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2024, 3:30 am   #3
Paul_RK
Dekatron

Default Re: Roberts R800 - base securing

This is the corresponding part in an R900, I think it's the same. I'd be surprised - but impressed - if 3D printing could do the job at all well. The first image - apologies for its quality - shows the narrow central "slot" which is forced open by turning the screw through 90 degrees, and hence releases the screw, indeed pushes it out. The third image gives a view of one of the sprung metal sides which together form the slot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	900c0.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	294953   Click image for larger version

Name:	900c1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	294954   Click image for larger version

Name:	900c2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	294955  

Last edited by Paul_RK; 18th Mar 2024 at 3:35 am.
Paul_RK is offline   Reply With Quote