UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2018, 9:26 pm   #1
nmiddlemass
Triode

Default Decca Debonaire Deluxe - Dial Pointer Removal

Hi..

I'm just embarking on my first radio, a Decca Debonaire Deluxe.

All has gone well so far but I am struggling to remove the chassis from the case. The essence of the issue is the tuning dial. I have carefully removed the clear plastic covering although this was very tight.

The issue I have now if the red pointers that are still very firmly in pace.

They look very brittle to me so I don't want to apply too much for to remove them. I have read on some threads about looping some strong cord behind and pulling but maybe this was just for the clear plastic cover.

This may be a really silly question but I would rather ask the experts rather than risk ruining a lovely vintage piece. I have attached a pic which hopefully illustrates the point.

Thank you.

Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Debonaire.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	163501  
Old 24th May 2018, 11:09 pm   #2
stitch1
Heptode

Default Re: Decca Debonaire Deluxe - Dial Pointer Removal

I'm not familiar with this radio but I've had the same issues on other radios.
You need to lever it from behind and a loop of cord or wire is best, try 2 at the same time (one from each side if that makes sense) so your pulling evenly and rock it gently.
If its really stuck you may want a squirt of WD40 or similar (make sure it doesn't get on the dial) over night and try again.

Looks quite sturdy compared with some but be careful that radio looks in very good condition.

John
Closed Thread