UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2018, 8:43 pm   #1
retroaudio
Pentode

Default Garrard RG86 Radiogram Dynatron.

I have just bought one of these on gum tree and started to go over it to look for any issues. The record deck is a Garrard and it is fine. It needs lubricated and the pick up arm set up correctly. The radio part of the amp is a push button effort rather like an old car radio. It is silent at the moment. I wondered if anyone on the forum was knowledgeable about these particular models ? should you be able to set up the radio by turning the button which is depressed ? If that's the case then this isn't working and I will need to look deeper into it

regards Alex
Old 17th May 2018, 10:07 am   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Garrard RG86 Radiogram Dynatron.

Are you getting any sound by using the auxialiary inputs or the turntable? Can you hear any sound, e.g. a rustling noise, with no input selected and the volume at maximum?
I think you have a Kings Lynn/Cambridge made late model - these unfortunately did have a high fault rate (poor QC) particularly the failure of one channel.
Old 26th May 2018, 8:15 pm   #3
D Cassidy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Garrard RG86 Radiogram Dynatron.

Hello.
I believe you have a repair shop near you in Leven and the owner should be able to help, also a friend in Kilmarnock has been restoring and repairing vintage electronics for many years.
If you like I can pass on your details if you contact me via PM.
Thank you.
Closed Thread