UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Old 25th Sep 2012, 3:38 pm   #61
Andrewausfa
Octode

Default Re: The Thanks thread.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Vic for a scope case and to Craig for bringing it nearer home.

Andrew
Old 1st Oct 2012, 2:42 pm   #62
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Thanks to Simonmark for sending me a beautiful Goodmans 10"x6" speaker, in excellent packing, all for the cost of the stamp.
Very much appreciated.

Nick.
Nickthedentist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2012, 4:01 pm   #63
Miguel Lopez
Heptode

Thumbs up Re: The Thanks thread.

I want to thank Jim (aka G4XWDJim) for sending me a lot of components that will help me to go on with my homemade scope project. See the components sent by Jim in the attached picture.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JIM

And I want to thank again to my friend Andy (aka Dr. Wobble) for all his kindness and his efforts to get some components for helping me.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ANDY

And I also want to thank Howard (aka Omegaman) for sending lots of components for me throught Andy.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH HOWARD

Bless you all

Old 9th Oct 2012, 8:20 am   #64
MALC SCOTT
Octode

My thanks go to Grimjosef who collected a tv from AC/HL and deliverd it to my door. Lots of nice people on this forum, Malc
Old 9th Oct 2012, 9:17 am   #65
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Same here regarding GrimJosef and Studio263. S263 gave me a load of new Beovision panels and GJ dropped them off here with a coffee stop en route to AC/HL and Malc.
Old 11th Oct 2012, 11:47 am   #66
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Thank You to Tim for a picture of R109 data plate.
David
Old 20th Oct 2012, 9:19 pm   #67
terrybull
Octode

May I acknowledge my sincere thanks to Racalfanatic who has passed on a radio to me and will not even accept the postage cost. I am enormously grateful to him. Thank you.
terrybull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2012, 7:45 am   #68
julie_m
Dekatron

I'd like to thank forum member GP49000 for such an excellent and informative series of posts on the history of Garrard record player decks.
Old 8th Dec 2012, 11:30 pm   #69
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

I've only just found this thread, and it was very gratifying to find myself featured in it!

Many Forum members have helped me over the years, and I hope I remembered to thank them all individually at the time, but now I know of this thread I'll post my thanks as and when they're due.

I'd just like to thank Paul Stenning and the Moderators team who run the Forum on our behalf - cheers guys. Then I really need to thank Peter Munro for his frequent advice on Avometers, both personally and via the Forum, and I'd like to mention the late Stephen P Chellingsworth who started the long-running and incredibly informative Avo survey thread, would you believe it, eight years ago. Finally to Paul Adams, Avo collector, for passing on numerous Avo spares to me, for nothing but a packet of biscuits!

This Forum is a great resource, long may it continue and prosper.

Phil G4SPZ

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Phil G4SPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 9:11 pm   #70
Radio Wrangler

I owe my most profound thanks to everyone on the forum.

I spent most of November virtually paralysed by what the GPs have categorised as probably a viral infection. I could totter if I kept my knees locked, otherwise I collapsed like a rag doll. Once on the floor the loss of oomph in all 4 limbs meant I couldn't get back up even into a crawling position and had to worm my way along on my back using neck and shoulder-blades for propulsion. My neighbours were great and looked after me well. The loss of motive power was matched by a powerful tingling which worked inwards from hands and feet.

To say I was scared was an understatement.

But once set-up in the radio shack at the computer I was connected into a group of interesting and friendly people, and it took my mind off the worries. Of course the HF rig chose just this time to go belly-up, and 2 metres is deader than the dodo round here.

I'm now back to 80% strength and steadily recovering. I think I lost 2 stones. Sadly it may have been muscle rather than flab.

I hope I wasn't a pest.

Again, thanks everyone.

David
Old 5th Jan 2013, 3:45 pm   #71
AC/HL
Dekatron

Many thanks to Malc who not only pointed me in the right direction with a recent TV fault, but also sent the required parts to complete the repair.
AC/HL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 10:56 am   #72
ukcol
Rest in Peace

I'm sure many will join me in saying thanks to Dave Moll for his past work with the team that keeps this excellent forum healthy.

See here.

Colin M
ukcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2013, 6:49 pm   #73
stumted2
Retired Dormant Member

I would just like to express my deep felt gratitude to forum member Peter_sol who, out of the kindness of his heart, freely gave a motor switch and bolt for my Collaro deck and would not accept any payment of any kind, not even for post and packaging.

It's so nice to find people like Peter out there, and I just cannot thank him enough. If Peter's show of kindness does not restore your faith in human nature, then nothing will.

Wouldn't the world be a much better place if there were more people like Peter around?

I hope, like me, you all can recognise and appreciate what a truly fabulous, caring and thoughtful forum member he is and who so richly deserves our appreciation and for me in particular my heartfelt thanks for all his unbelievably kind help.

Kindest regards,
Ted.
stumted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 2:49 pm   #74
Damo666
Hexode

A post here to express a HUGE thanks to Station X, Graham, for providing me with a large quantity of Burndept rigs.
Thanks a lot, Graham.
Damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2013, 12:17 pm   #75
unclereggie
Retired Dormant Member

Just a quick note to say hi! and thanks to all the contributors in these forums. I've been a 'silent reader' for some time but when I jumped in recently it was terrific to find that my silly questions were received with patient explanations (unlike the mockery or indifference that one might find in other sites). A big thanks guys (and gals) for making this a fun and educational place to be a part of.
unclereggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2013, 9:31 pm   #76
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Thanks, yet again, to GrimJosef (and Mrs GrimJosef) for making a large detour during their Christmas travels to pick up a very heavy Dynatron record player from a house with a very steep and long garden path in deepest Northumberland, then transporting it to Didcot and storing it for a couple of weeks.

Amazingly kind thing to do, and hugely appreciated.

N.
Nickthedentist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2013, 2:17 am   #77
ben
Dekatron

Thanks to Steve1010uk for taking the time to box up and send me a load of reels of tape - more than I was expecting and a nice surprise!
Old 21st Jan 2013, 5:19 pm   #78
Damo666
Hexode

Thanks here to Timewave, John, for sending the capacitors that I wanted in the "Wanted thread".

Generally, a big thanks to everyone who makes this forum what it is, and my most visited bookmark.
Damo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 1:50 pm   #79
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Thank You Tim (Studio263) for the scope book.
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 11:30 pm   #80
Tazman1966
Nonode

Thanks Dave (Dazzlevision) for the GEC manual. Just the ticket