UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Oct 2018, 11:05 am   #1
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Exclamation Contacting member Mike Maguire

Over the past 2 or 3 weeks I've tried to contact Mike Maguire by email, PM, and, a few minutes ago via his mobile phone number. There has been no reply to either my emails or PM, and his phone rang for 2 or 3 minutes without either being answered, or any means to leave a message. Some time ago I serviced a Hitachi Music Centre for Mike, and, not being able to drive I have no way to get it back to him, so would be grateful if he would collect it. Perhaps one of the mods. can pass on the above message. Thanks in advance for so doing.
Old 1st Oct 2018, 11:09 am   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Contacting member Mike Maguire

The mods can only contact members by email or PM - we have no 'secret' way of making contact.
Old 1st Oct 2018, 1:02 pm   #3
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I didn't think that the mods. had any other way to contact members, Paul, although, on reflection, the way I worded my post may have implied that I did. No doubt Mike will get in touch with me at some point.
Old 1st Oct 2018, 3:27 pm   #4
David G4EBT
Dekatron

He last visited the forum at 12.15pm on 19 Sept, not so long ago. Prior to that, he's only posted three times - twice on 4th March 2018, and again on 5th March, so it's unlikely that PMs would reach him any time seen, which only leaves e-mail or phone. I'd have thought he'd be keen to get the equipment back, but it seems not. Maybe away on his travels? Anyone's guess.
Old 1st Oct 2018, 4:15 pm   #5
AC/HL
Dekatron

A convenient point to remind Members to check/update your contact details. Also your location if you've moved. User control panel on the top banner.
Old 1st Oct 2018, 6:55 pm   #6
Cobaltblue

Indeed I picked up a gram and stored it for several years for Big Band Heaven for him to disappear off the face of the earth.

Unfortunately these things happen.

Cheers

Mike T
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 9:23 am   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I think if we are holding an item for someone who disappears then it would be reasonable to sell or otherwise dispose of it, if there is no contact despite several attempts after a period of time.

How long would probably depend on the size of the item and available storage space etc, but I would think a minimum of 6 months is reasonable unless the item is large and in the way. It would also depend somewhat on what was agreed with the recipient.

If sold then be prepared to pass the proceeds (less reasonable expenses) onto the recipient should they ever reappear, and keep copies of the relevant information.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread