UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Oct 2014, 9:08 am   #21
Ti Pwun
Heptode

Default Re: Online archive of "Wireless World" 1913 to 1984

Very nice to have access to the earlier WW mags, which I don't have, so thanks for the link from me too - better get a thicker cushion for my chair!
Old 7th Oct 2014, 1:01 pm   #22
Gridiron
Heptode

Really interesting site, thanks very much for posting this.
Mike.
Old 7th Oct 2014, 3:10 pm   #23
Mach One
Heptode

Thank you for encouraging me to try again! It was the actual one that I downloaded that had a very low resolution. I tried another and that was much, much better.

I have fond memories of a couple of bound books which I found in the Seventies in a second-hand shop, a collection of a couple of years of Wireless Worlds from the Fifties, which I no longer have, and have often wished to read them again. This site offers the possibility.
Old 7th Oct 2014, 4:54 pm   #24
WaveyDipole
Nonode

Thanks for this link. I've only looked at a couple of them so far but found them very interesting. Just found out that in April 1913 a message was transmitted between two continents, namely South Africa and Australia by being relayed via a ship on route between the two, allowing the governor of South Africa and the Governnor of Australia to exchange greetings. We take the Internet for granted these days!
Old 8th Oct 2014, 7:41 am   #25
Focus Diode
Octode

Absolutely brilliant! There's several years missing although I'd imagine they'll be included in the future.

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 8th Oct 2014, 2:20 pm   #26
Jeremy M0RVB
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach One View Post
Have I done something odd whilst downloading one of these pdfs? I find the scan resolution to be so poor that the print is largely unreadable.
The first I looked at was January 1948 and I find that hard to read. Others in 1948 are similar, but one in 1949 I looked at is fine. The scans may well have come from different sources / people etc.
Old 18th Nov 2014, 11:30 am   #27
radiodavid
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by armshead View Post
What does a compulsive hoarder do with old mag's? Can't bear to throw them away,too good to burn! Wireless world Feb 1947 to late 60s. What Satellite from before No1 (it was a give away with Ham Radio) until late 90s. Acorn User, Radio Constructor, What Video,etc. I love looking at old mags & old ads but at 80 I don't have, and never will have the time. That's not mentioning the books that I still keep buying!
Should you tire of keeping those Wireless World issues, www.americanradiohistory.com would love to have them. I'm David Gleason, the webmaster of the site and I am very interested in completing the collection.

If you are interested, contact me and we can make suitable and satisfactory arrangements!

Last edited by Station X; 18th Nov 2014 at 12:34 pm. Reason: Email addess removed.
Old 18th Nov 2014, 8:31 pm   #28
radiodavid
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by valvecollector View Post
The first I looked at was January 1948 and I find that hard to read. Others in 1948 are similar, but one in 1949 I looked at is fine. The scans may well have come from different sources / people etc.
If any of the issues seem hard to read, check the FAQ on the site at http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...istory-FAQ.htm for some suggestions. Most of the problems come from using the PDF rendering engine that is part of some versions of some browsers. I hope this helps!
Old 1st Dec 2014, 12:05 am   #29
crudmeister
Retired Dormant Member

Wow! What a find.. there's a link I'll be keeping!
Thanks for letting us know about it
Closed Thread