UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2004, 4:26 pm   #1
Anton90125

Default Help. Vintage Cassette Deck need repair

I recently bought an Aiwa AD6900 cassette deck from Ebay. I have been after this machine since I was 14 ( 1978 ) . Unfortunately it developed a fault in that the tape take up operation stops while play triggering the autostop. On opening up the deck we could see that a rubber had perished. I have tried Aiwa for replacements but given that this machine is 26 years old they had no spare parts. Does anyone know someone (as close to Croydon if possible) who has the skill to repair this deck and get it functional. This is a wonderful machine that has 98% sound performance of my CR5 Nakamichi.Its a real shame to see it not working.

Old 17th Nov 2004, 5:36 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Help. Vintage Cassette Deck need repair

Chances are it just needs all the belts changing. This bloke does a vast range of belts:

http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/belts.htm

He posts internationally.

HTH, Paul
Old 5th May 2005, 7:05 pm   #3
Anton90125
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help. Vintage Cassette Deck need repair

I am a happy bunny now its repaired.
Closed Thread