UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Aug 2007, 5:42 pm   #1
itsafrogslife
Retired Dormant Member

Default Help required to repair Grundig TK-141

My family has an old Grundig TK-141 and a number of reels containing recordings of the family from when I was a child.

As happens the three belts have perished with age. Is there anyone in the North West of England (I'm in Liverpool) who can repair this machine. I've already bought replacement belts but can't work out how to fit them.

Alternatively, if someone could talk me through the process of fitting the new belts myself I could have a go... (cripes, I don't believe I just suggested that!).

Graham
Old 15th Aug 2007, 7:21 pm   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help required to repair Grundig TK-141

Hi Graham,
Whatever you do, do not try to fit the belts from the top of the machine. Remove the handle, the two screws upon which the handle fits, remove srews from the deck plate plus the rotary knob then deck plate, remove base of machine.

Place machine upside down, you will see a small rectangular plate attached to the lower part of the chassis, one or two screws fix this, remove plate, clean grease from flywheel bearing etc. Then insert the larger of the two belts(not the counter belt)through the aperture , place this around the flywheel periphery & from the top of machine loop around the motor , then the smaller of the two large belts(again not the counter), again from the top loop this from the smaller lower groove in the flywheel to the lower clutch half of the take up spool. The latter requires some patience & dexterity , when both belts fitted ,grease the flywheel bearing plate & refit, if you have three hands this helps !!!!!!!

Doffery
Old 15th Aug 2007, 11:45 pm   #3
itsafrogslife
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Help required to repair Grundig TK-141

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a go!

Graham
Closed Thread