UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Nov 2006, 12:17 pm   #1
arjoll
Dekatron

Default Akai GXC-46D

Just wondering if anyone has service info for this model of cassette deck - its a glass and crystal ferrite head top loading deck from about 1976.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 30th Nov 2006, 7:52 am   #2
arjoll
Dekatron

Default Re: Akai GXC-46D

Just to let everyone know I've tracked down the service manual - believe it or not a hard copy locally - and have scanned it in case anyone needs a copy. Its covers the GXC45/45D/46/46D (D models have no power amp, 46 has Dolby, 45 has "Akai NR").

Mods - you can probably close this thread.
Old 19th Feb 2007, 5:49 am   #3
freshjive
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Just to let everyone know I've tracked down the service manual - believe it or not a hard copy locally - and have scanned it in case anyone needs a copy. Its covers the GXC45/45D/46/46D (D models have no power amp, 46 has Dolby, 45 has "Akai NR").

Wow Fantastic!!! I have been looking everywhere for the Akai GXC-46D!!! I can't believe you have a scanned copy of it If you could PM me for email address, I would be forever gratefull!!! Thank You Sooo Much In Advance!!!
Old 19th Feb 2007, 5:52 am   #4
freshjive
Retired Dormant Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjoll View Post

Mods - you can probably close this thread.
Wow I have been looking everywhere for the Akai GXC-46D manual !!! If you could send it to me I would be forever grateful !!! Thanks in advance...
Old 20th Feb 2007, 8:24 am   #5
arjoll
Dekatron

Hi freshjive - you should have it now. Would be interested to hear about your GXC46D!
Old 7th Aug 2007, 1:08 am   #6
Ok Harry
Retired Dormant Member

I would love to get a copy of the gxc 46 manual. Could you please send it to me? Thanks, Harry

Last edited by arjoll; 7th Aug 2007 at 6:23 am. Reason: Removed email address
Closed Thread