UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Apr 2015, 9:27 pm   #1
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Another dustbin find!

Hi,
My wife hates sending me to the village bins to dispose of our household rubbish as I sometimes find little gems. This time it was a rather tidy Grundig TK6. I think it must have been dumped by a fellow ex-pat as the controls are labelled in German.
It works well and just needed a bit of a clean, a squirt of cleaner in the volume & tone pots and a degauss.
Cheers, Pete.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0338.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	107641   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	107642  
Old 29th Apr 2015, 10:24 pm   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Another dustbin find!

Great score! what's on the tape?
Old 29th Apr 2015, 11:38 pm   #3
Dave Anderson
Retired Dormant Member

It strikes me as shameful that stuff like this is being dumped. Thankfully this example was saved but how many others are gone forever?

Dave.
Old 30th Apr 2015, 8:28 am   #4
mark pirate
Dekatron

Well done for saving it
It certainly is a cute little unit, it never ceases to amaze me how some units require no more than quick clean and service to be returned to working order.

Mark
Old 30th Apr 2015, 10:54 am   #5
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Another dustbin find!

Hi,
Alas, there was no tape on it when found, just the empty take up reel. I think the person who dumped it might have been hoping it would be rescued, as it was with a box of old books alongside the bin rather than inside it. Not sure why, but the mains plug had been cut off and cast aside, so it just needed a new one and away it went!
It's a heavy beast for its size, even without the six 'D' cells it was designed to take!
Cheers, Pete.