UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Aug 2007, 12:10 pm   #1
Roger13
Retired Dormant Member

Default Teac Drive Belt

Hi Folks.

I have just been given a Teac A170 cassette deck, less the drive belt. The machine sounds surprisingly good on the temporary belt I've fitted but it would obviously benefit from the correct item. Can anyone help with a supplier?

As far as I can work out it's a flat section belt about 90-95mm dia X 6-7mm thick. Cricklewood Electronics don't list anything suitable.

Here's hoping.

Cheers,

Roger.
Old 12th Aug 2007, 3:04 pm   #2
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Teac Drive Belt

May have one, check with you tomorrow.

Doffery
Old 13th Aug 2007, 1:11 pm   #3
DOFFERY
Retired Dormant Member

Hello Roger, Have checked my belts, found a couple of belts marked as per your model but they are only 4mm wide??

If the width is critical the nearest would T11 from CPC, let me know.

Cheers.

Doffery
Old 13th Aug 2007, 8:52 pm   #4
Roger13
Retired Dormant Member

Hi Doffery.

The width was a guesstimate, as the original was missing. The tempory one I used was actually just under 4mm and that seemed happy enough.

Could I purchase one from you?

Regards,
Roger.
Closed Thread