UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio


Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 23rd Nov 2022, 7:05 pm   #21
trh01uk's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: Murphy B40 C

Originally Posted by Herald1360 View Post
Originally Posted by stevehertz View Post


If there is a hard and fast definition for this then I'd like to see it. I personally - and I may be quite wrong! - see things on the end of a cable as a plug, and something mounted on a chassis or housing as a socket.
So.... your mains extension leads have plugs on each end do they?
Mine certainly do - but as pointed out......there are diametrically opposing definitions of what is a "plug".
trh01uk is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2022, 1:41 am   #22
Herald1360's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Leominster, Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: Murphy B40 C

Hmmm.... a previous thread about "plugs", "sockets" and "plug tops" comes to mind.

Then there's "receptacles" to add to the mix.

Could be time to pull the ? on this!
.=.| _---\__|__|_---_|.
Herald1360 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 8:06 am.

All information and advice on this forum is subject to the WARNING AND DISCLAIMER located at
Failure to heed this warning may result in death or serious injury to yourself and/or others.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2002 - 2023, Paul Stenning.