UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 2nd Jan 2017, 1:33 pm   #1
Riccampbell
Tetrode

Default Roberts RIC2

As I have not posted anything on the site for a while I thought I might post this. The Roberts Ric2 was really the first transistor set I have attempted to repair. The set suffered from chronic distortion which was finally sorted by replacing the IC (TAD100) For me this was quite a fiddle, but not impossible.

Secondly, I had bought a dead set for the speaker, which I thought may be the cause, so after my first success I had a look and found that the volume pot was faulty. As a bonus it cleaned up good as new. A nice little set for not a lot of money.
Old 4th Jan 2017, 3:54 pm   #2
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Re: Roberts RIC2

Isn't it nice when that happens? Two good sets out of one restoration! Well done.

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts
Closed Thread