UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Old 7th Mar 2018, 9:31 pm   #1
channel405
Tetrode

Smile Working Philips N1700 Wanted For Dubbing

Good Evening All,

I've been tasked by an archive library to find a working VCR format Philips machine to dub a tape onto a digital format.

The tape in question is dated 1978, so we assume it's been recorded by a Philips N1700, but it's possible it may have been recorded by an earlier N1500 machine. Obviously until we attempt to play the tape it's impossible to say what machine it was recorded on.

I realise working machines are in very short supply, so I'm asking if there's anyone out there who would be willing to either sell/rent out a working machine please? If so PM me with a rate please.

Another possibility would be to personally deliver the tape to try in a known working machine along with a digital recorder and dub on site?

There are several N1500's (no N1700's) on our site, but it's clear none have been powered up for decades and are in various states of decay. So far, only one tape is needing transfer quite urgently.

Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Tim