UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 27th May 2020, 1:15 pm   #161
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Superstar 6900N V6 - Fault with SSB mode

Hi
This is the PSU I am using, it has one advantage, there is no noise on the output that I can detect, and it is well protected for over current.
It has 2 separate outputs of 12 & 14 amps which I have strapped together. I have tested it up to 30 amps, but it will shut down if it detects a short.
We never did suss out how adjust it to set the OP volts. There are two trimmers but they set the output current limit for each supply.
see here, http://www.golbornevintageradio.co.u...d.php?tid=7616

OK here are a few images

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HP PSU 5.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	206911   Click image for larger version

Name:	HP PSU 6.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	206912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4737 s.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	206913   Click image for larger version

Name:	HP PSU 2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	206914  

Last edited by crackle; 27th May 2020 at 1:25 pm.
Old 27th May 2020, 1:21 pm   #162
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

As I'm not a member of that forum I was unfortunately not able to view the images, but it is obviously a SMPSU - you're quite lucky it does not generate RF interference, most do to a certain extent.

Edit: I see you added some images in your previous. Very neat build in that new enclosure.

Last edited by SiriusHardware; 27th May 2020 at 1:34 pm.
Old 27th May 2020, 3:39 pm   #163
John KC0G
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Wrangler View Post

If you fancy a good power supply, have a look for the 'Marchwood' published in PW. It was fairly thoroughly done (it does have a couple of loopholes) but the article is well explained, and it's better than most you can buy.

David
The "Marchwood" PSU was in the June and July 1983 issues of Practical Wireless. There were additional notes on p. 29 of the Sept 1983, and p. 60 of the Nov 1983 issues. If one is seriously interested it might be worth checking for notes or updates in other issues.

73 John
Closed Thread