UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 14th Sep 2009, 3:05 pm   #1
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

Default "Television" magazines available

I keep seeing piles of "Television" magazines in an "antiques" shop in Fakenham, Norfolk. They have been there for years.

The shop used to be a TV repair business until about eight years ago, so guess they were found during the refitting.

The mags are quite high up, so I couldn't see them clearly, although I think I could see late 1980s/early 1990s dates.

They have the printed cover price of £1 if that gives a clue to their age. They seem to be tied up in complete year bundles - at least four years' worth I'd guess.

I didn't ask to see them or ask their price as I don't want them, but it just occurred to me that someone here might.

If anyone in Norfolk is interested, please email or PM me for exactly where the shop is (it's not a secret, but I haven't the address at hand right now). I just thought I'd post this while I remembered.

I can't imagine they'd be more than £10 the lot, though who knows...

Anyway, I can make inquiries next time I'm there next week.

I could buy them next time I'm there and bring to Reading if that's easier for anyone who may want them.

Regards,

Ian
Old 14th Sep 2009, 3:31 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: "Television" magazines available

For information, the cover price was £1.00 from February 1984 to January 1985.

As I have five gaps (Nov. 1983, July 1984, Nov. 1984, April 1985, Oct. 1985) around that period in my collection, I do have some interest, but don't really want to acquire the whole bundle, nor am I within collection range.

If another forum member is interested in acquiring the bulk of them but would consider allowing me to fill any of the above-mentioned gaps, I would be happy to discuss the matter with them.
Old 14th Sep 2009, 8:02 pm   #3
Outrun_uk
Heptode

Hi,

I'd be interested in these but i'm based in Liverpool. If Ian would be prepared to send them via Parcel2Go or similar I would gladly cover any costs incurred and also pass any issues over to Dave required to complete his collection.

Cheers,

Kev
Old 14th Sep 2009, 8:52 pm   #4
Ian - G4JQT
Octode

I'll next be in Fakenham at the weekend (19-20 Sept) and I'll try to get more details - dates, price, condition, etc.

Surely it would cost a fortune to post them, only to find the month you want is missing, or they were in a worse state than you expected.

I won't have time to untie them and make a list of what is there I don't think.

Anyway, I'll do what I can.

Regards,

Ian
Closed Thread